Hubs and I have been debating a big move for about 2 years now. I am happy to say that we have finally decided that this year is it. We haven’t set a final date yet but it’s going to happen in 2014, probably in July once school is out. His family is in Kansas City and we are pretty much alone out here on the East Coast. With the way the job situation has been for us (not good at all for me) we are hoping that a move will shake things up a bit.
If we’d been smart we would have done it when we got our tax refund this year. Of course, it didn’t occur to me to bring up the conversation until I had a dream about it a month ago.
I am a bit hesitant about it, as to be expected. I know that it won’t be like when I moved to VA from FL. That was a hell of a jump for me. I lived in small town Florida where it rained every day at 3pm and that was the most exciting thing that ever happened around those parts. When I met Hubs we decided to pack everything into my shitty Ford and drive straight through to VA to start our lives over. It was terrifying for me so I didn’t really think about it much. I just closed my eyes and jumped, following his lead.
In many ways, I’m doing the same here. Moving the two of us, as scary as it was then, is going to be cake compared to making a 15 hour drive with a family of 4 and all our crap. I’ve looked into options already : UHaul vs. PODS vs. Moving Company vs. we are completely broke so we could just sell our shit and use that money to start over… Yeah, there’s that.
We aren’t “completely” broke as most people would say but it looks like this move will take everything we have. Thankfully, his family is being pretty supportive. His mom has been helping on her end since she is already in KC. She has found us a house for $300 less a month than what we pay here. His dad is going to help him get a job with a company that he worked at for 40 years that will (fingers crossed) come with a big jump in pay. Hopefully things will fall into place for us as we go along.
So, I just wanted to tell somebody.
We aren’t sharing it with Special K until we have all of the details worked out and finalized. That way, if things fall through then she won’t be disappointed. We have also decided not to make any “official” decisions until Mercury is out of retrograde. That gives me 24 hours until I can pick a date. Until then, I will continue to run through the thousands of what-ifs in my head. The hamster in that wheel is going to have a stroke before this is done.
Thanks for sharing my secret y’all. I hope this didn’t jinx it.